sunnuntai 10. toukokuuta 2009

Lemmikki.


In the 15th century Germany, it was supposed that the wearers of the flower would not be forgotten by their lovers. Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not". This is a flower connected with romance and tragic fate. It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forget-me-not)


Almost exactly a year ago me and him were having a little walk. I really mean a little one, like to the mailbox and back. That's about as long I was able to walk. There was my favourite flowers growing on the other side of the road and I asked him their English name. "Forget-me-not" he said. I told him I want them in our garden, on the backside of the house, next to the garage. Or maybe all over the garden, I wouldn't mind. "Why?" he asked. "Are you worried I just forget you one day if there's no flowers reminding me I shouldn't forget?" He went to get me a few flowers and continued "Besides, I hope I can always see you next to me so I can't forget. And when you're away -like gone shopping or out for a drink with the girls- you'll be in my heart. And I will remember you when I hit my toe on your collection of shoes. Also the little one will be there shouting like a hyena wanting his mother, that will remind me of you too. So there is no way I will or can or want to forget you, not in a million years. Flowers or no flowers."

4 months later he looked at me for a long time and when he finally spoke he said only three words. "Who are you?"

How ironic.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti